Small not-for-profits make an incredible impact with limited staff and resources. In your effort to do more with less, oftentimes it can be tempting to keep using free consumer technology solutions or stick with the technology you have because you and your staff already know how to use it. The problem is that you may be missing out on solutions to help you better deliver your mission.
Research commissioned by Microsoft shows that:
- Almost 90% of small not-for-profits adopted remote working during the pandemic.
- Most of them feel that enabling remote and hybrid work is a great reason to transition to cloud technology.
- They also believe cloud applications are more secure and easier to manage.
You can see the survey results in this infographic.
Turn challenges into benefits.
Many small not-for-profits see the value of moving their operations to the cloud but still have questions or concerns, which Microsoft and Professional Advantage address with the recommended solutions below.
How do we maintain strong connections in a hybrid workplace?
Only one-third of not-for-profits plan a full return to the office. Most expect to use a hybrid remote/in-office model in the future. Technology can remove barriers. Here’s how:
- Set up a shared workspace in Microsoft Teams where staff and volunteers can chat and hold conference calls.
- View, edit, and collaborate on shared documents and files in familiar Office apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Make meetings more inclusive, engaging, and effective for all participants with real-time reactions and responses.
- Centralise company-wide communications and strengthen staff and volunteer collaboration with Microsoft SharePoint.
How do we keep volunteers coming back?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of not-for-profits, and 30% of organisations list finding and coordinating volunteers as their top challenge. To keep volunteers engaged, you can use the:
- Volunteer Management Power App to match volunteers with opportunities explicitly suited to their strengths and talents.
- Volunteer Engagement portal to provide a one-stop shop for volunteers to find engagement opportunities.
- Volunteer Onboarding and Offboarding Power App to enable a streamlined experience to onboard and offboard volunteers.
How do we ensure staff and volunteers can work from anywhere without risking security?
Microsoft 365 provides built-in security capabilities, such as identity and access management, threat protection, information protection, and security and risk management.
Along with Essential Eight and Professional Advantage’s complimentary risk assessment, you can significantly improve your not-for-profit’s security posture using a proven, industry-recommended cyber risk mitigation strategy.
Where is your not-for-profit in its technology journey?
Now is a great time to take advantage of the many opportunities in which the cloud and other technology can help you drive mission success. For example, almost two-thirds of not-for-profits stated that they expect their staff to do their jobs anywhere—in the office, remotely, or alternating between the two. The right software tools make such hybrid work environments productive and secure.
Professional Advantage has been an expert in helping not-for-profits succeed for over thirty years. We can help you transition to the cloud and empower your team members to work and collaborate effectively, no matter where they are. If, like many smaller not-for-profits Microsoft heard from, recruiting and managing volunteers are important concerns for you, we can show you how Microsoft tools can help you empower volunteers and stay connected with them. Contact us to explore how technology can deliver impact and support your mission.